Do you know what this is??
Ok, I have to be honest.....I didn't know what it was when I saw it at Potter's House Thrift Store (only one of my favorite thrift stores EVER!) a few months ago. All I knew was:
- It had great lines and really cute legs
- The wood was in really good condition with little to no damage
- And that it would make a really cute buffet!
It wasn't until my father-in-law pointed out the speakers behind the fabric panels that I realized it was a vintage TV cabinet (minus the TV......obviously)!! Who wouldda thought! And for ONLY $10, I didn't care if it was a microwave!!!....it had potential and was on it's way to becoming a buffet!
Again, no step-by-step pictures, but here's a quick run down of what I did to transform the former TV cabinet into THIS:
- Removed fabric panels and speakers from behind the wire doors
- Replaced original base with new plywood board
- Built shelf for center of cabinet for extra storage
- Primed entire piece
- Applied two coats of RustOleum Carnival Red in a Semi-Gloss finish
- Used Valspar Antiquing Glaze in Asphaltum to give the piece an antique finish
Quite a transformation!!
I just completed a really cool buffet for a customer and I tried really hard to take pictures along the way! I'll be sharing those before/afters very soon!